Invisalign Treatment in Syracuse
At CFSS Braces, we’ve helped countless patients transform their smiles with expert treatments like clear braces and Invisalign. If you’ve recently started your Invisalign treatment, congratulations! It is surely an exciting time, and before you know it, you’ll be seeing your brand new smile after completing your last set of aligners! In the meantime, it’s important to clean your aligners regularly to keep them in top shape and get the best results from your treatment. Here are some helpful tips from your Syracuse clear braces provider:
Practice Good Oral Hygiene
Each time you remove the aligners to eat and drink, you should brush and floss your teeth to prevent trapping leftover food particles inside your trays or against your teeth. Your aligners should also be rinsed before they are placed back on your teeth. Brush at least twice a day, flossing each time. Good oral hygiene is the best way to get optimal results from your Invisalign treatment.
Properly Clean Your Aligners
Your aligners should be cleaned each time you brush your teeth. They should be rinsed each time you remove and replace them to avoid saliva and plaque buildup. Follow these steps for proper cleaning:
- Rinse your aligners with lukewarm water.
- Using gentle dish soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush, gently brush the inside and outside of your aligner with small, circular strokes. Many kinds of toothpaste have abrasives that can scratch the aligners.
- Rinse it again and then check for any white, cloudy film. This is a buildup of tartar on your aligner, and it will need to be soaked in a retainer cleaning solution.
- Soak your aligners daily in a denture (Efferdent) or retainer cleaning solution (Retainer Brite), or Invisalign cleaning crystals. Use an extra toothbrush that you don’t use for your teeth to gently brush them after soaking.
What to Avoid
- Don’t use mouthwash to soak your aligners, as it can tint the translucent trays.
- Avoid using warm or hot water for rinsing or washing, as this may distort the aligner shape.
- Don’t leave your aligners laying out in the open. Put them in a case when you are not wearing them.
- Don’t use scented or colored soaps or toothpastes to clean your aligners. These products may leave residue, cause discoloration, or leave an aftertaste in your aligners.
Contact Your Syracuse Invisalign Provider!
CFSS braces is proud to be one of the leading providers of Invisalign and clear braces in Syracuse, Fulton, and Fayetteville NY. If you have any further questions regarding cleaning your aligners, simply reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help. Or, if you are interested in achieving your dream smile through Invisalign or clear braces, book an appointment today. We can’t wait to hear from you!