If you’re looking for a trusted orthodontist in Syracuse, Fayetteville, or Fulton, you can rest assured that you’ll find several here at CFSS Braces. Our orthodontic team is full of skilled professionals that have many years of experience in giving patients healthier smiles – no matter what their age is! We want our patients to know that they’re never too old for orthodontics as we’re proud to offer our services to adults just as we do for teenagers and children.
Braces For Children
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that parents bring their children in to see the orthodontist at around the age of seven. This is typically the age where a child’s molars come in, which will allow the orthodontist to have a clearer look at diagnosing any tooth or jaw problems. While not all children will require early treatment, some signs that it may be needed include these reasons:
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking at a later age.
- A hard time chewing food.
- Early or late loss of baby teeth.
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth.
- Teeth that come together abnormally or not at all.
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing.
- Jaws and teeth that aren’t proportionate.
If early treatment is needed, it will allow your Syracuse, Fayetteville, and Fulton orthodontist to:
- Create more space for crowded teeth.
- Avoid the need for tooth extractions.
- Guide the growth of the jaw to allow the permanent teeth to come in straight.
- Regulate the width of both the upper and lower arches.
- Correct any bad oral habits, such as thumb sucking.
Braces for Teenagers
With all the stress going on in a teenager’s typical life, one of the last things that a teen wants to hear is that he or she needs braces. After all, who needs another thing to worry about? Thankfully though, wearing braces is easier, more comfortable, and even better looking than ever before. The orthodontics will probably even be finished sooner than realized though the exact time that it lasts can depend on three important factors:
- Early treatment — Early treatment will monitor the growth of the jaw and watch to see if there’s a need for treatment at a younger age. Not everyone requires early treatment, though in many cases, it can make adolescent treatment much simpler.
- The Severity of the Orthodontic Problem – The severity of the problem is a major factor in determining how long the treatment will have to take.
- The Patient – Perhaps most importantly, both the speed and success of the orthodontic treatment will depend on the patient’s willingness to follow instructions.
We're capable of offering several different types of braces and orthodontics for our teenage patients. These include:
- Traditional Metal Braces
- Self-Ligating Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Invisalign Teen
Braces for Adults
Because orthodontic treatment is so popular amongst teenagers, you may not have even realized that one out of every five orthodontic patients is actually an adult! The more that adults are realizing that orthodontic treatment can benefit them, the more that they’re taking steps toward changing their lives with it. Adult orthodontic treatment can provide advantages in the following ways:
- Adult treatment can give a patient a beautiful and aesthetic smile.
- Having a beautiful smile can also improve one’s confidence.
- It can create a more comfortable bite that makes it easier to chew.
- It can make it easier to brush and floss.
- If there were any relapses from previous orthodontic treatments, it can be used to correct the problematic shifting.
We always want to ensure that our orthodontics are both as comfortable as possible for our patients and also convenient. We utilize the latest in state-of-the-art technologies and equipment to make sure that we can provide a comprehensive selection of the best treatments for our patients. While we offer traditional treatments like our metal braces, we understand that many adults are concerned with keeping up a professional image. That’s why we’re also proud to offer ceramic braces and our very own Syracuse, Fayetteville, and Fulton Invisalign treatment. Instead of using brackets and wires to shift a patient’s teeth, Invisalign uses clear aligners that are practically invisible! This provides a patient with the most discreet treatment possible and allows him or her to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Visit Your Syracuse, Fayetteville, and Fulton Orthodontist!
Interested in our Syracuse, Fayetteville, and Fulton Invisalign or any of our other great orthodontics? We encourage you to schedule an appointment with us sometime! To do so, feel free to give us a call at (315) 458-0020 or fill out our appointment request form. We hope to provide you with a straighter smile – no matter what your age is!